Transaction tags are currently available with selected plans.
Transaction tags are an easy, flexible way to attach additional information to transactions. This information can be used to categorize transactions or to assist with reconciliation. For example, you may wish to use tags to note when a transaction should be billed to a client and the name of the client for the billing. Tags are often used to attach GL (general ledger) codes to transactions.
How to create a new tag:
- Log in to your PEX Admin account.
- Start by selecting “Tag Manager” under the Account tab.
- Click the button titled "Add Tag" to create a new tag
- The name of the tag is what will be shown to the cardholder or admins. Description can be used to provide additional information about the tag. If you check the "Required" box, cardholders will be required to add a tag before submitting a transaction for approval.
- The tag type can be one of the following: Yes/No, Text, Dropdown, or Decimal. This setting determines how the tag will be shown to the cardholder. For example, a Yes/No tag will be shown as a checkbox.
- If you choose "Text" as the tag type, you will have the opportunity to select a type of validation for the field.
- If you choose "Dropdown", you will need to specify the values to be shown in the dropdown
- You can import options to use in the dropdown or manually add the options.
- The option value is the value that will be included in transaction reports. The "display as" value is what will be shown to the cardholder
- Click "Create tag" to create the tag
- Note: Once you create a tag, you cannot change the name or the values for that tag.