Transaction tags are currently available with selected plans.
Transaction tags are an easy, flexible way to attach additional data and information to transactions. This information can be used to categorize transactions or to assist with reconciliation. For example, you may wish to use tags to note when a transaction should be billed to a client and the name of the client for the billing. Tags are often used to attach GL (general ledger) codes to transactions.
You can create several types of tags based on the type of information you would like to attach to a transaction. A tag can be "yes/no", a decimal number (such as a dollar amount), chosen from a pre-populated list of options, or a free-entry text tag which can be restricted to alphabetical-only, numerical-only, or alphanumerical.
Tags must be configured in the administrator application before they can be used by cardholders.
Create a New Tag:
- Log in to your PEX Admin account.
- Start by navigating to the Account tab and selecting “Tag Manager”. If you do not see an option for "Tag manager", please contact admin support for assistance
- Click the button titled "Add Tag" to create a new tag
- Enter a descriptive name for the tag. This is what will be shown the cardholder or admins.
- Enter a description for the tag. This can can be used to provide additional information about the tag.
- Choose whether the tag is required. If the "Required" checkbox is checked, cardholders will be required to add a tag before submitting a transaction for review.
- The tag type can be one of the following: Yes/No, Text, Dropdown, or Decimal. This setting determines how the tag will be shown to the cardholder. For example, a Yes/No tag will be shown as a checkbox.
- If you choose "Text" as the tag type, you will have the opportunity to select a type of validation for the field.
- If you choose "Dropdown", you will need to specify the values to be shown in the dropdown
- You can import options to use in the dropdown or manually add the options. Importing options is recommended if you would like to use existing GL codes from your accounting system.
- The option value is the value that will be included in transaction reports and/or used for syncing with your accounting system. The "display as" value will be shown to the cardholder and can include more "friendly" text.
- Options can be disabled by unchecking the checkbox titled "enabled?". Disabled options will not be shown to the cardholder.
- Click "Create tag" to create the tag
After creating a tag, the tag will appear in the Tag Manager page along with the name of the administrator who created the tag.