Visa and MasterCard monitor all cards, and they take proactive steps every day to safeguard their portfolios.
Both companies will periodically send to PEX lists of cards that they believe have been compromised, and that they believe may be used for fraudulent transactions.
- When a card that has not been loaded or used in the last 90 days appears on a Compromised Card list, then that card will be closed (terminated) 5 days after PEX notifies you that it may be compromised
- In the meantime, you have the option to call PEX and ask that the card be reissued, rather than closed
- If a card on the Compromised Card list has been used, then PEX will issue a new card immediately
- The old card will be closed:
- Upon activation of the new card; or
- In 30 days, whichever comes first
Please monitor your email so that you are aware of action being taken on your card accounts.
Please notify PEX if you want a card on the Compromised Card list to be reissued rather than closed:
- By email at email@example.com
- By phone at +1-866-685-1898, ext. 3