The PEX system gives Administrators powerful tools for controlling cardholder spending -- by setting limits on how much a cardholder can spend in a certain period of time:
- Daily (24 hour period -- Midnight to Midnight ET)
- Weekly (Sunday to Saturday)
- Monthly (1st to 31st)
- Annual (Jan 1st to Dec 31st)
Note: Different Plans have different features. Please check your PEX Plan (contact your Account Manager for details):
How to Set Time-Based Spend Limits through the Administrator Site:
- Log in to the Administrator Site
- Click the “Cards” tab at the top of the page
- Click “Card List”
- Locate and click on the cardholder's name
- Click on “Spend Rules” under the blue bar with the cardholder’s name
- Under “Time-based spend limits” click on the time period(s) where you will limit spending (as your Plan allows):
Click on the time period(s) where you want to limit spending (daily, weekly, etc.)
- Enter into the appropriate field the amount you will let the cardholder spend per day, per week, etc.
- Click the “x” to the right of the entry to remove the limit
- Click the green “Update” button to save your changes
Enter the amount you will let the cardholder spend per day, weekly, etc. Click the green “Update” button to save changes.
A shorter time period must have a lower spending limit than a longer time period, e.g.:
- A cardholder cannot have a Daily spend limit of $5,000 and a Weekly spend limit of $100. The PEX system will not allow it.